Community Fund Contributes to COVID-19 Relief Efforts
3 / June / 2020
The Barge Design Solutions, Inc. Community Fund recently awarded a total of $35,000 in grants to organizations contributing to COVID-19 relief efforts.
As our nation slowly opens following stay-at-home orders and other restrictions, many in our communities are left reeling from the effects of this pandemic. Much of our population finds themselves in need of various forms of assistance. In response, employees managing daily operations in the firms’ locations nominated local non-profits to receive the employee-funded grants.
Nominated organizations include food banks, religious institutions, and farmers’ markets providing food to the community. One organization sews and distributes non-medical grade masks, and another provides financial assistance to alleviate the stress of living expenses for those unable to make payments. Each of the following organizations received a $2,500 grant:
- Atlanta Community Food Bank – Atlanta, Georgia
- Bib & Tucker Sew-Op – Birmingham, Alabama
- Chattanooga Area Food Bank – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Brown Bag of Columbus – Columbus, Georgia
- The Dayton Foodbank – Dayton, Ohio
- Wiregrass Food Bank – Dothan, Alabama
- Norcross Cooperative Ministries – Gwinnett County, Georgia
- Northwest Assistance Ministries – Houston, Texas
- North Alabama Agriplex Foundation – Huntsville, Alabama
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee – Knoxville, Tennessee
- Mid-South Food Bank – Memphis, Tennessee
- One Generation Away – Nashville, Tennessee
- Forsyth Farmers' Market – Savannah, Georgia
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee – Tri Cities, Tennessee
Cendy Dodd, Barge CFO and Chair of the Community Fund Committee, shares, “Never in any of our lifetimes have so many people been impacted than are currently being impacted by COVID-19. Barge wanted to assist relief efforts by supporting charitable organizations helping those in dire economic straits.”
Barge is committed to caring for the communities in which we live, work, and serve. The Community Fund was established to support these efforts and intentionally foster the inherent spirit of generosity across the company and employees.